The Hunger Games!

I'm SO excited for this!! I am re-reading the series (again...).
    Are you going to the movie? And have you read the books??

Ha! Thought this was the once place of the interwebz that escaped the mania.

I read the books, mostly because my wife was into them, and they were pretty good. I like the survival/combat stuff, but kind of had to gloss over the romance stuff.

Like I said, my wife loves the series, so we're going to the premire. I found about 4 magazines at the house with interviews, pics, etc..

I'm curious how the violence will be interrepted to the movie. It's obviously a violent book, but targeted towards teens, so it cant be rated R, but it's still going to have some violent parts.

Still, it's the THOUGHT of the violence with respect to who the participants are (kids) that make it hardest to bear. I'm predicting that I'm going to have to close my eyes to get through the Rue part--I'm a wimp.

So, a long way to answer your questions......yes, we're excited.

My girlfriend and I will be going to the premier as well. I am surprised the book series was so good. The last time any teen mainstream concept was good was Harry Potter. Or, maybe the Twilight/Justin Beiber mania of late had just left a bad taste in my mouth. I can't wait for the movie, though.

So excited for the movie! I read the whole series in 4 days last year. Well be skipping the Friday night mania and catching the Saturday matinee.
    My love for You. My heart for You. My life for You. All I am for You.

Hunger games: Catching Fire is the latest movie that I will definitely recommend for anyone to watch these days. It is a worthy sequel that improves the original Thumbs Up!

Yep! I loved Catching Fire more than the first movie. Definitely lived up to what I wanted it to be. I'm actually pretty impressed how closely they kept the movie to the book.

NO, I have not read the book, but heard the story many times from one of my friends. I will go to see the movie with him.

I'm a fan of Hunger Games too especially the first one which is "Catching Fire" the film. I'm indeed impressed of the thrills it had and the effects they used. Thumbs up for that!

Maybe I should reread the book. hhhhmm

I've seen the movies but I've never read the books. Are the books still worth reading in this case?