new keyboard advice

I'm a worship leader at a church and not a keyboard player. However, we are currently trying to figure out what kind of keyboard we need. Right now we're using a Yamaha s80, but it's a little out of date and it belongs to one of our guitar players and I don't want to keep putting wear on his gear that he's not even using. I'm looking for a solid all in one deal with weighted keys. I primarily need some good piano sounds and good pad sounds, but some good strings and synths would be a plus. We're also a portable church so I need something that can be easily loaded in and out each week (which is why I don't want to use midi controllers and computers and racks of stuff). And I'd like to keep it around $2,000 (or preferably less if possible). Any advice anyone has is greatly appreciated!

I think you'll find that everyone has their own opinions here so I'll just give you mine and leave it at that.

The yamaha s90 has some pretty great sounds if you really want the piano/pad thing down.
    The Nord Electro series has some fantastic organ/pad sounds as well as some pretty good piano sounds.

You could always buy a weighted midi controller and foot pedal to run through Reason of Live. If you already have a computer capable of doing so this would be the ultimate option for versatility. Reason pianos has some ridiculous patches sampled straight from the most famous pianos in the world.
    www.justinjeremias.com

Highway One Tele > Korg DT-10 tuner > GGG ITS8 (langraff) > BYOC OD2 Mosfet > GGG Tremelo > DD7 (with tap) > Modded DL4 > Dunlop Volume > Hot Rod Deluxe

Quote Originally Posted by vroomery View Post
    The Nord Electro series has some fantastic organ/pad sounds as well as some pretty good piano sounds.
    Can you still load synth and pad sounds on the Electro even though there is only a piano and organ section on the keyboard? If so, would you just control it through one of those sections? Also, can you layer 2 sounds on top of each other on the fly with the Electro? I had someone recommend the the Nord Stage 2 to me and it sounded like the perfect keyboard for us but at $4000 its just too much. However, it really sparked my interest in the Electro 3 as possibly being a cheaper but still great option.

Hi, the Yamaha Motif are popular keyboards in churches around the World. Why not try to upgrade it or do a repair if it is needed instead of replacing it. Rather if you really need a replacement you may try Roland.

Both brands are very good in their own rights. Roland is a known brand for its great sound and innovation.

Yes! You are correct with it @ glowdonnybrook . Roland is a popular keyboard brand and has an excellent sound quality.