macbook w/o battery

I have a macbook that's 5 years old. I'd been having multiple problems with it, but upon removing the battery, I have found that all of the problems are pretty much gone. It's good. The battery was swollen, causing the track pad button to get jammed, and putting pressure on the internal components.

So since the mac is old and I'm broke, I'm planning on just having it live the rest of it's life on AC power. Should I cover the opening to keep foreign objects out, or does it not really matter if it gets dirty?
    Make much of Christ (1 Corinthians 10:31)

Is there a reason you can't just buy a new battery?

Even if you buy a crappy used one, you could leave it on AC but make sure the battery pocket is safe.
    Earle & Art Custom Strat
    Gibson ES-335
    1968 Gretsch Corvette
    Ernie Ball Jr > Keeley 2 Knob Compressor > Walrus Audio Jupiter Fuzz > Earle & Art Buff-er > Earle & Art Looper > Walrus Audio Mayflower > Keeley Modded Ibenez TS808 (Vintage chip) > Dr. Scientist Reverberator > POG 2 > Strymon Timeline
    Fender Vibrolux Reverb

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Gergen View Post
    Is there a reason you can't just buy a new battery?

Even if you buy a crappy used one, you could leave it on AC but make sure the battery pocket is safe.
    It's also likely that the computer won't run at its full capacity, i.e. utilize full CPU, RAM, etc. It's always better to have a battery.
    Guitars
    Homebrew '72 Tele Thinline | Larrivee L-03 BW w/ LRBaggs DualSource > LRBaggs ParaAcoustic DI

Guitar Rig
    TC Polytune > Voodoo Labs Sparkle Drive > homebrew Klon clone > DCPedals TS-777 > Catalinbread DLS > homebrew BoR clone
    > Swell Pedals G-Pro > Ernie Ball VP Jr. > Eventide Time Factor > '71 Fender Super Reverb

Keys/Sequencing Rig
    Ableton Live 7 | Reason 4 | M-Audio Axiom 61 | TouchOSC for iPad |
    Novation Launchpad & Automap | Presonus Firebox

It will be a bit useless without a battery for sure.